At a time when environment management is getting increasing significance, paper manufacturers must invest in environmentally-sound practices to ensure existence and operational continuity.
At Emami Paper, we believe in responsible, eco-friendly practices to reduce the impact of our operations on the environment.
As a result, the Company is committed to:
- Complying with all applicable environmental legislations.
- Preventing pollution
- Undertake continual improvement in environmental performance by minimizing wastage generation.
We achieve this by:
- Adoption of cleaner technology and processes
- Reduction of particular emission
- Solid waste management.
Some of our prominent environmental-friendly initiatives are as
- The provision of a full-fledged effluent treatment plant (ETP) with two primary clarifiers, an aeration pond and a secondary clarifier for treatment and waste water to meet the discharge water quality as per the norms specified by the state Pollution Control Board.
- An Investment in a four-component Electrostatic Precipitator (ESP) with the captive power plant to reduce air pollution.
- Installation of a fly ash brick plant to use fly ash from the boiler and lime sludge from the hypo preparation plant. All bricks used in the Company for civil construction comprised the fly ash bricks manufactured by